We offer a Mindfulness-based teacher training course, Teaching Foundations, which meets the rigorous standards that are set down by the UK Network of Mindfulness Based Teacher Training Organisations, and prepares participants for teaching 8-week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) programmes.
The course is aimed at professionals who:
- have completed a recognised Mindfulness course belonging to the MBSR/MBCT
'family' of courses
- have an established Mindfulness practice
- have an existing working context within which they can begin teaching under
supervision within the 12 month period of the course
The course is delivered over 12 months and is intended to enable participants to become established as a 'beginner teacher'. It comprises the following:
- 7 days of training in mindfulness teaching skills and curriculum knowledge (this
may be delivered in a block format, or in separate days of training)
- monthly half-day group supervision and reflective practice sessions
Participants are required to:
- maintain and develop their personal Mindfulness practice during the year
- identify and engage in 'beginning teacher' teaching opportunities during the year
(tasters, workshops, etc.)
- engage in background reading and homework tasks throughout the year
- work as part of an action learning group with other participants during the year,
completing tasks outside of the teaching days and supervision sessions
Course delivery options
A public course is offered annually for individuals who meet our professional requirements.
In-house delivery as part of an organisational intervention is also possible for corporate clients and organisations who are keen to introduce Mindfulness Based Courses into their organisation or service provision.
Please contact us for more information about our next course which starts in May 2017.
INFORMATION AFTERNOON: 4th February 2017, Peterborough. Register here.
Please see the Guidelines set out by the UK Network for Mindfulness Based Teacher Training Organisations for more information about the registration requirements for new Mindfulness teachers...